Friday, February 19, 2010

Sea Legs

Today has been one of those days...I feel like I need to go to the gym to rest!

Avery is wonderfully active now. She has taken quite a few hits to the head including one bad one today. She now has a bump on the back of her head (for which I get Worst Mom of the Week Award...I was a social worker long enough to know what would possibly qualify one for Worst Mom of the Year).

I called the nurse hotline to make sure I didn't need to bring her in to check on it, get some advice on what I should do, and probably to alleviate some guilt. I explained to the nurse that she fell about an hour ago, hit her head and had a bump. She then asked me if Avery was unconscious.

Um, yeah, I've just been letting her lay around unconscious...I thought I would give it an hour and then call the nurse hotline.

No! She's not unconscious...just has a bump. I thought it was kind of comical.

Avery's trying to pull up on everything but doesn't quite have her sea legs yet, which makes the topples pretty frequent. I feel like I'm spotting an inexperinced rock climber for about 5 hours per day. She's getting braver and she's real cute though.

The day has been generally dragging along for some reason....but alas, its almost 5:00 and T-Dids will be home soon! Yippee.

Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Tim and Jaymie White said...

You are a great mom!

Love,
T-diddy

Troy said...

Jaymie White is by far my favorite voice in the blogosphere.

Jaymie said...

Thanks, Troy. Thanks for reading. I love when random people are deeply touched by my blog. I hope to keep on changing lives one post at a time.

SMJ said...

I cracked up at the part about spotting a rock climber for 5 hours a day :) And don't worry, you're a super duper mom, all kids gets bumps! That means she feels safe enough to be brave :) Can't wait to see you guys! Love you!

About Me

I love Jesus, my husband, my munchkin, my family and friends.