Monday, March 22, 2010

Delayed posting

So, I have been getting called out for not blogging more frequently (by the 2 people who read this), so here you go, Mom and Stacey.  :) 

Avery and I went back to Iowa for a week about 2 weeks ago.  It was, shockingly, the easiest airplane trip we have taken so far.  The TSA workers at Dayton were especially helpful in getting my stroller through the x-ray machines and testing my formula.  Avery did well on the planes (thankfully her reflux is over and I no longer have to carry 20 bibs with me for an hour trip), and enjoyed walking around O’Hare during our connection.  No delays, difficulties or diaper explosions!  Yay, us!

We had a great time visiting everyone and it was really fun to see A warm up to all of her aunts and uncles during the trip.  She genuinely loved them all…for some, it took a little extra effort..Uncle Ryan was hopping around like a kangaroo to get smiles.  Avery makes them work for attention.

We also got to celebrate Troy and Elizabeth’s upcoming marriage with a shower for Elizabeth at Mimi’s cafe.  We are so excited to have her officially in the family.  Her and Troy make a perfect couple and it just feels right that she will be a John-son.  Her mom was also able to come to the shower since she was in town to help Eliz with wedding stuff before the big day.  What a sweet mom---I remember Sally from when we lived in Orion, but hadn’t seen her in years…I am very thankful for the great family Troy is marrying into.  We can’t wait for the wedding…its coming soon!  (But still plenty of time for planning—for Elizabeth if she is reading).

We also got to see my college roommate and dear friend, Angie while we were back.  Its always great to see her…and this time  we got to meet her new little one, Yirah.  What a doll and what a beautiful family.  I think Avery was scaring Moriah a  bit…Avery was loving a lot of M’s toys:)  It will be fun to see them all as they grow up!

Avery updates:  getting her molars (teeth #9 and #10), crawling fast!, pulling up on everything, lots of bumps to the head, blowing raspberries (thanks, Grandma), hair getting long (looking cute with bows), 18 month old clothes already, 30 inches, 22 lbs, great smile, says “mama” and “dada”, loves “doggies” and says “daadaa”, loves tubby time and being naked, loves cords and strings, puffs and cheerios, juice, eating in general, taking rides in the stroller, riding in the shopping cart, when daddy comes home from work, Grandma and Grandpa, aunts and uncles, singing (especially when songs include the word Avery), clapping, super cute. (biased, yes).  Hates: the church nursery and her nemesis, the post-meal washcloth.

I should put some pics on here, eh?  To prove the super cute part, at least.

2 comments:

SMJ said...

My favorite part is about her "nemesis" the post-meal washcloth :)
P.S...My "security word" is protots...what?

betc301 said...

Thanks for the support, Jaymie!

I bet Avery would like Tobi John-son's toys too:)

About Me

I love Jesus, my husband, my munchkin, my family and friends.