Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I love my husband.

But he has some, um….quirks.  Yes, let’s call them quirks.

Quirk no. 1.  Sickness and how husband deals with them. 

A week or two ago, Tim got sick.  He had a cough and a fever of 99.0.  To be fair, our ear thermometer said he had a temp of 100.0 in the other ear.  The cough and the (very low grade) fever were the symptoms.  Tim, obviously, diagnosed himself with whooping cough.  He walked around like a zombie for about three days, claiming he probably shouldn’t change a diaper, or do anything to help with A.  Then, he said he thought he should go to the doc.  YES!  Finally someone (other than me) to convince him that I didn’t need to call the morgue and let them know he was on his way.  I mean, I understand that a cough stinks and that it wasn’t fun to have a temp .4 degrees above normal….piping hot.  But, what he fails to understand is that I would have A LOT more sympathy for him if he wouldn’t act like everything he did would probably be his last.  Any tips, ladies?

Quirk no. 2.  Phone calls from work from husband.

This is a typical phone conversation when Tim calls me from work:

Me: Hello?

T: Hey.

Me: Hey.

(silence)

Me: What’s up?

T: Nothing.

Me: What are you doing?

T: Working.

Me: How’s is going? Anything happening today?

T: Not really.

Me: Oh, well, we’ve just been playing…went for a walk earlier.  Avery’s been really cute, she just smiled at me and it was the cutest smile (etc.).

T: Oh, great.  Well, I should get back to work.

Me: Okay.  (Wondering if he remembered that he actually called me, and not vice versa).  Great talking with you *sarcasm*.

T: (Not picking up on the sarcasm).  Yeah, love you. Bye.

Riveting, eh?

2 comments:

SMJ said...

I can sympathize Jaym. The one time that Grant has been sick in the last 12 years (exaggeration? no....) was a few months ago (and living with him as I currently do, I got to experience it in full force) and it was pretty much like the world ended and I couldn't "make" (according to him) him do anything, including walk from one room of our apartment to the other....And to make matters even better *sarcasm* (as you put it), he refused to
a) take ibuprofen
b) take his temperature
c) go to the doctor
he insisted that his "ox-like" immune system would take care of it. oh men.

Troy said...

Tim's temperature was 99 -- 99 Celsius. That's 202 degrees Fahrenheit and 372 Kelvin. Sounds sick to me.

About Me

I love Jesus, my husband, my munchkin, my family and friends.